Earthy Roots continues to identify and looking into new ways to become more sustainable as a business, alongside this we want to promote sustainable choices for our customers. The purpose of our sustainability update is to inform our customers about how we have been progressing in our goals and what are next steps are in implementing new strategies. We have continued to implement a range of different measures which aim to reduce our impact as a company on the environment.
What We Have Achieved
- Continue to plant bee friendly habitats around and near to our apiaries. With a particular focus on native species of wildflowers and bee friendly flowers.
- We have set up a propagation area in order to sow seeds and take cuttings to increase our stock of native plants and wildflowers for planting around our apiaries.
- A sustainable ethos, priding ourselves in using only natural ingredients from ethical sources in all of our cosmetic ranges. We take trace-ability seriously and can with confidence say that none of our products or ingredients are tested on animals.
- We continue to meet this goal by carefully selecting our ingredients from trustworthy sources, forming positive long standing relationships with our suppliers.
- New products are to be produced in recyclable packaging and where not currently possible alternatives should be identified or developed. All existing products to be reviewed in order to meet our new targets.
- We have undertaken a review of our current product ranges, an example of positive change has been to replace our plastic lip balm containers with eco-friendly alternatives. Once we have sold our current stock we will be able to complete our move to plastic free, we see it important to not create unnecessary waste and therefore want to ensure that our current products that have been in plastic packaging are used and appropriately recycled.
- All equipment used to be bought through sustainable sources.
- Whilst buying new equipment we ensure we know the sources of materials used in order to minimalise the impact on the environment. This is achieved by researching our suppliers and ensuring where possible local suppliers are used who share our ethos.
- To promote local collaboration and develop further links with companies in order to lower transport associated with shipping goods on a global scale. This will involve looking closely at our packaging, ingredient and equipment suppliers in order to reduce emissions through unnecessary transport.
- We have been developing links with beekeepers within the UK in order to offer further ranges of pure unpasteurised honey
Our Updated Aims
- Expand our product ranges to offer ethically sourced products ranges.
- To educate and inform our customers so that they can make decisions based on their own ethics when purchasing products from us. To do this and promote sustainability, we have been creating a selection of icons in order to help you make informed choices whilst shopping at Earthy Roots, the aim being to have icons visible on every product page.
- Plastic Free
- BPA Free
- Cruelty Free
- Low Carbon
- UK Made
- EU Made
- To continue to only use natural ingredients from ethical sources in all of our product ranges.
- Promote a circular economy. All new products are to be produced using recyclable packaging and where this is not possible alternatives should be identified or developed. With the ultimate aim of going plastic free.
- All equipment to be bought through sustainable sources.
- To further develop local collaboration with companies in order to lower transport associated with shipping goods on a global scale.
To set achievable targets we strive to periodically review and update our sustainability goals. Find out more about our progress and how we are going to meet our goals in future updates in our Latest News or visit or Sustainability Page.